The Virginia Department of Forensic Science has three (3) job vacancies. Please see the three postings below.
Toxicology Technical Lead
Are you an experienced toxicology LCMS operator looking for a new challenge? Are you a self-starter and able to work independently? NOAH Clinical Laboratory has an exciting opportunity for an experienced LC-MS/MS toxicology lead for their lab in Milwaukee, WI.
NOAH is an established high-complexity, CLIA-certified clinical reference laboratory in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with a current customer base that extends across the country. NOAH’s staff provides services 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and is well acquainted with the challenges associated with high-throughput testing, having run hundreds of thousands of tests per month at the peak of demand for COVID testing in Wisconsin and surrounding states during late 2020 and early 2021.
While NOAH’s laboratory team has certainly grown to meet the demand that the current climate has dictated, its support staff and operational teams have grown as much, if not more, to ensure that NOAH is prepared to implement its testing solutions.
NOAH has and will continue to make real-time adjustments in the laboratory, in order to best serve its constituents, and in anticipation of increased demand. We understand the necessity of providing accurate and timely results with patient care in mind and recognize that every specimen represents a patient and a family.
The toxicology lead will join a well-developed toxicology department and be responsible for accurate performance of toxicology testing primarily utilizing LC-MS/MS technology and automated platforms.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform toxicology laboratory testing, including analysis of specimens using chemistry analyzers and LC-MS/MS instrumentation
- Prepare and validate stock solutions as needed
- Oversee direct testing of specimens and day-to-day workflow
- Discuss results with clients under the direction of the Lab Director
- Perform routine and as-needed maintenance
- Handle, accession, and process specimens and perform laboratory testing following established laboratory procedures
- Follow laboratory’s QA policies, including performing and documenting corrective actions, whenever test systems are not within established acceptable levels of performance
- Assist in writing validation documents and standard operating procedures and protocols
- Maintain proper competency and proficiency for all laboratory testing
- Perform appropriate quality procedures and maintenance/performance of equipment
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or test result reporting resolve by correcting the problem or notifying the appropriate supervisor
- Implement validated assays into the clinical laboratory for both high- and low-throughput testing scenarios
- Assist the Technical Supervisor in training laboratory staff in the performance of technical operating procedures
- Work closely with other laboratory staff to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems
- Participate in regulatory activities pertaining to COLA, CLIA, and CAP
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Education
- B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or Laboratory Science from an accredited institution
- 3+ years of experience working in a clinical laboratory setting directly performing testing
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working directly with LC-MS/MS instrumentation (AB Sciex and Shimadzu preferred)
- Experience using Laboratory Information Systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to organize, plan, and prioritize tasks within a high volume and varied work environment
- Experience leading projects and following through to completion
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
Don’t wait, apply today!
Job Type: Full Time
Schedule: Day shift, Monday to Friday
Pay: Starting at $50,000 per year, negotiable with experience
Click Here to Apply
Senior Toxicologist / Senior Study Director
Mt. Vernon, IN, US
Inotiv, Inc., is a pharmaceutical development company providing contract research services and monitoring instruments to emerging pharmaceutical companies and the world’s leading drug development companies and medical research organizations. The Company focuses on developing innovative services supporting its clients’ discovery and development objectives for improved decision-making and accelerated goal attainment. The Company’s products focus on increasing efficiency, improving data, and reducing the cost of taking new drugs to market.
Forensic Fluids is hiring! Forensic Fluids has three open positions located in Kalamazoo, MI. All positions are on-site (no remote work).
Certifying Scientist, Mid-shift
Forensic Fluids Laboratories exists to improve lives. This career opportunity supports this belief by providing accurate, quality, and timely processing of samples, and analysis, review and reporting of test results following LC/MS/MS confirmation standard operating procedures.
The person in this position will work from 2pm to 10pm, Monday-Friday, understands small business acumen and has previous work experience in a high throughput laboratory. You are able to both work as part of a cohesive team and be independently accountable for your work. You contribute and develop ideas for continuous process improvements. This position is ‘at the laboratory bench’ work.
Position Title: Lab Technician – Hourly Differentials + Relocation Assistance Offered!
Location: Horsham, PA
Description: NMS Labs has developed an extensive menu of more than 2,500 tests to support clients in forensic, criminalistic, public health and clinical fields. For over 50 years, our clients have relied on NMS Labs for unique testing solutions that demonstrate our company core values of Quality, Integrity, Service, Innovation and Engagement. As we work to increase the company’s positive impact on public health and safety, we are seeking talented professionals to join us for the journey! NMS is seeking regular, full-time forensic/clinical lab technicians to work in our Routine, Esoteric, Metals, Screening and Alcohol departments. The incumbents will assist in preparing and analyzing biological specimens for drugs or other compounds. This role is entry level with immense support as new employees become acclimated to the role and there is great room for growth! In this role, selected candidates can expect to learn more about different testing methods, instrumentation, etc.
-Interested individuals outside of the Horsham, PA vicinity will receive relocation assistance (if applicable)
-Hourly differentials are also offered!
For individuals with the desire to make a positive impact in our communities as well as expand their knowledge in the field of forensics, please follow the link below to apply!