United States Drug Testing Laboratories has a position posted for a 2nd shift Lab Supervisor – Screening. Interested candidates can send their resume here.
- Responsible for overseeing the testing activities in the screening laboratory area -the tests are analyses of drugs of abuse in a variety of biological matrices.
- Day-to-day supervision of test performance by testing personnel, monitoring quality management/assurance/control indicators to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
- Ensures technicians are following established policies and procedures. And report to Laboratory Director/Manager whenever test systems/personnel deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Responsible for training/mentoring lab technicians (evaluating, and documenting the competency for testing personnel). With addition to providing constructive criticism.
- Reviewing equipment maintenance logs and assuring that all remedial actions are taken.
- Initiating troubleshooting when issues necessitate within their department and communicate with other areas when needed.
- Develop new methods.
- Leader of safety – communicate and engage laboratory technicians in safety awareness and behavior.
- MA/MS from an accredited institution with a major in one of the chemical, physical or biological sciences; and subsequent to graduation has had at least four years of pertinent clinical or forensic lab experience, of which no less than two years have been spent working in a forensic toxicology laboratory; OR
- BA/BS from an accredited institution with a major in one of the chemical, physical or biological sciences and at least six years of pertinent clinical or forensic lab experience; AND
- Two years of hands-on lab experience including any of the following: extraction techniques for biological matrices, automated immunoassay analyzers, ELISA, or instrumental experience in gas/liquid chromatography, and mass spectrometry.
Special Position Requirements
Lab positions generally involve handling of biohazard materials and hazardous substances. Job is full-time and scheduled hours are generally Monday – Friday, 4 p.m. – 12:30 a.m., but flexibility is required.
- Two-year work experience in a forensic toxicology laboratory
At times, depending on the needs of the company and department, it may be necessary to work on weekends.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and an email or cover letter to email@example.com with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
USDTL seeks a scientific professional with exceptional, leadership, organization, communication and collaborative skills.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to satisfy the following:
- Create and lead an environment that embodies laboratory technician learning and understanding.
- Perform high quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Work effectively and professionally as part of a team on all assignments.
- Communicate and coordinate work efforts closely with other colleagues in different laboratory areas and shifts.
USDTL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lighthouse Lab Services
Lighthouse Lab Services is the USA’s premier laboratory consulting, management, and recruiting company. With decades of laboratory start-up and operational experience, we’ve cultivated a collaborative team of scientists, consultants, and industry experts. We enjoy a rewarding atmosphere built on teamwork, recognition, and growth. This atmosphere enables us to provide innovative solutions and extraordinary client service to fulfill our mission of making laboratory testing more accessible.
This position is remote but must be willing to travel up to 80% of the time.
Snapshot / What You’ll Do:
The Laboratory Specialist will be responsible for handling LCMS toxicology validations and laboratory builds, technologist training and general laboratory set-up.
The position will operate within a wide scope of laboratory functions under the management and supervision of superiors. This position will also include working as part of the Consulting team to serve client laboratories in the field as well as conducting data interpretation and reporting.
– Bachelor’s of Science in Chemistry, Biology, or equivalent
– LCMS troubleshooting, method validation for Agilent (ABSciex experience is a plus).
– Proficiency with performing instrument diagnostics and ability to troubleshooting errors and resolve issues using internal resources.
– Comfortable in a client-facing role
Salary and Benefits:
– Compensation ($70,000 per year)
– Medical, Vision, and Dental Benefit offerings
– 15 days Paid Time Off (vacation and sick days)
– After 3 years at the company, you’ll accrue an addition PTO day yearly
– 8 Paid Holidays
– 401(k) retirement plan: We will match 100% of your contributions up to 3% of annual salary, then 50% of your contributions for the next 2% (up to 5% of your salary)
– Company-provided short and long-term disability insurance
– Life Insurance + AD&D
– Paid Volunteer Time Off
– Partially Paid Medical Leave / Paid Parental Leave
– Company sponsored events, socials, snacks + more
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602|
#SS Job ID# 13559
Development Technologist – Clinical Mass Spectrometry
The Biochemistry Section in the Department of Laboratory Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic is recruiting a Development Technologist for assay development in clinical mass spectrometry. The successful candidate supports specialized assay development efforts in the section, researches, organizes and implements new clinical assays using high resolution mass spectrometry, low resolution mass spectrometry, targeted proteomics, and ELISA-type methodologies under the direction of the Technical Director. The successful applicant has a Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from a four-year college or university.
Cleveland Clinic was founded in 1921 as a not-for-profit group practice, integrating clinical and hospital care with research and physician education. Cleveland Clinic has more than 3,000 salaried physicians on staff, representing approximately 120 specialties and subspecialties. Patients came to us from across America and from more than 140 nations. We also lead an extensive system of community hospitals in Cleveland called the Cleveland Clinic Hospitals.
From its natural treasures such as Lake Erie and the Cuyahoga Valley National Park to its many entertainment and cultural attractions, Cleveland is the place to be! Cleveland is home to 3 professional sports teams along with the nation’s second largest performing arts center, the world-renowned Cleveland Orchestra and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. We’re also a foodie town that ranks high on the global culinary map.
Our melting-pot culture with affordable homes and top rated public and private schools and universities, Cleveland provides excellent resources to live and learn. Outstanding healthcare, technology, and innovation companies provide the backbone to Cleveland’s growing economy.
Cleveland Clinic is ranked as the nation’s No. 2 healthcare system by U.S. News & World Report.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities encouraged to apply. Smoke-free/drug-free environment.