Miami Valley Regional Crime Laboratory
The Miami Valley Regional Crime Laboratory (MVRCL) is located in Dayton, Ohio. We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual for a full-time position in the Forensic Toxicology and Drug Chemistry Sections. The MVRCL serves law enforcement agencies throughout Ohio and over 40 coroner’s offices in Ohio and Indiana. The annual toxicology case load is about 4,000 cases.
The employee will be trained in the analysis of drugs in biological matrices using solid-phase extraction with subsequent analysis by GC/MS and LCMSMS.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to, preparing accurate reports pertaining to analysis, providing testimony as an expert witness in a court of law, preparing solutions, and providing training when necessary. The toxicologist is required to work with hazardous chemicals and lift moderate weights with other duties assigned as necessary.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Forensic Science or a natural science from an accredited four-year college
- 32 semester hours or 48 quarter hours of chemistry (organic, analytical, general, etc.)
- Experience as a Forensic Toxicologist or Drug Chemist in an accredited lab
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Proficient with computers and software
- Valid driver’s license and motor vehicle insurance
- A Master’s degree in forensic science or a natural science from an accredited school
- Board certification as a forensic toxicologist
- Experience as a Forensic Toxicologist in an accredited lab
Monday through Friday, 8AM to 4PM The MVRCL currently offers fully trained employees the option to switch to a 32-hour work week while still being paid for a 40-hour week. Remote work is also available on occasion.
Complete and print the application found at https://www.mcohio.org/document_center/Coroner/County%20Application.pdf
Mail the application along with a curriculum vitae and college transcript(s) to:
Matthew Juhascik (email@example.com)
Miami Valley Regional Crime Laboratory
361 W. Third St.
Dayton, OH 45402
Applicants are subject to a background check, fingerprints, and drug screen. Applications will be accepted until April 10, 2023 with a rolling interview process.
USDTL is currently growing at a rapid pace and forensic toxicology testing is an exciting and expanding field. We provide a work environment that promotes positive reinforcement, teamwork, open communication and professionalism. To join our team is to become part of a bigger mission to protect and enrich lives. Apply here:
LABORATORY SUPERVISOR – MASS SPEC (2ND SHIFT)
- Coordinate the activities of the drug testing laboratory on their shift
- Day-to-day supervision of test performance by testing personnel.
- Monitoring quality management/assurance/control indicators to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
- Assuring that all remedial actions are taken and reporting to Laboratory Manager whenever test systems/personnel deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- In the event of non-conformances, ensuring that results of test examinations are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly functioning.
- Providing training to personnel.
- Evaluating and documenting the competency of all testing personnel at a frequency defined by laboratory SOP
- Review instrument maintenance logs at least monthly, and assure that all remedial actions are taken and reporting to Laboratory Manager whenever equipment performance deviates from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- After non-conformance is evaluated and corrective actions are taken, authorize that the process is resumed to perform regular testing procedures.
- Monitor inventory of laboratory consumables
- Participate and execute special projects
- Initiating troubleshooting when issues arise
- Collaborate with Manager, other Supervisors, and other Senior FACs
Hold an earned bachelor’s degree in one of the chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory/medical technology sciences and have at least six years pertinent clinical laboratory experience; OR master’s degree in one of the chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory/medical technology sciences, and have at least four years pertinent clinical laboratory experience. [10NYCRR 58.1.4.c]. Needs at least 4 years of pertinent GC and/or LC mass spectrometry experience.
Special Position Requirements
Lab positions generally involve handling of biohazardous materials. At times, overtime may be required.
Scheduled hours are Monday through Friday 3:00pm to 11:30pm
Ohio Department of Public Safety – Ohio State Highway Patrol
Report in Location: 1583 Alum Creek Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43207
Work Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:45 PM (Subject to Call)
Performs analytical testing on crime-related evidence provided by law enforcement officers; Performs analysis on drugs, urine, blood, physical evidence, etc.; Evaluates data & develops opinions based on knowledge, skills & sound analytical processes.
Provides court testimony as an expert witness; Provides court support for law enforcement officers; Assists & trains officers in crime laboratory techniques & analytical methods; Maintains & orders necessary chemicals, containers & supplies used in the crime laboratory.
Prepares laboratory reports for use by law enforcement officers & appropriate courts of law; Researches & interprets current literature concerning trends & changes in laws as applied to crime laboratory analytical methods; Prepares management reports concerning crime laboratory operations & results; Performs other related duties as required.
More information and application: click here.
The Department of Biological Sciences – Master of Science in Forensic Science program at Emporia State University seeks to fill a 9-month, full-time instructor or assistant/associate professor tenure-track position in forensic chemistry beginning August 2023.
The primary teaching/research emphasis for the position will be instrumental analysis and courses related to toxicology, drug identification, and/or fire debris analysis with the potential to develop courses related to the applicant’s area of specialty. Research with undergraduate and masters-level students is expected. Successful candidates will show potential for enthusiastic and outstanding teaching and scholarship.
· A master’s degree in forensic science or Ph.D. in a related field is expected by the start date.
· Candidates with practitioner experience and the ability to maintain instrumentation such as LC-MS and GC-MS preferred. Apply here.
Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine is searching for a Toxicology Laboratory Technologist to join their team.
The Virginia Department of Forensic Science has three (3) vacancies. Please see the postings for details.
Toxicology Technical Lead
Are you an experienced toxicology LCMS operator looking for a new challenge? Are you a self-starter and able to work independently? NOAH Clinical Laboratory has an exciting opportunity for an experienced LC-MS/MS toxicology lead for their lab in Milwaukee, WI.
NOAH is an established high-complexity, CLIA-certified clinical reference laboratory in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with a current customer base that extends across the country. NOAH’s staff provides services 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and is well acquainted with the challenges associated with high-throughput testing, having run hundreds of thousands of tests per month at the peak of demand for COVID testing in Wisconsin and surrounding states during late 2020 and early 2021.
While NOAH’s laboratory team has certainly grown to meet the demand that the current climate has dictated, its support staff and operational teams have grown as much, if not more, to ensure that NOAH is prepared to implement its testing solutions.
NOAH has and will continue to make real-time adjustments in the laboratory, in order to best serve its constituents, and in anticipation of increased demand. We understand the necessity of providing accurate and timely results with patient care in mind and recognize that every specimen represents a patient and a family.
The toxicology lead will join a well-developed toxicology department and be responsible for accurate performance of toxicology testing primarily utilizing LC-MS/MS technology and automated platforms.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform toxicology laboratory testing, including analysis of specimens using chemistry analyzers and LC-MS/MS instrumentation
- Prepare and validate stock solutions as needed
- Oversee direct testing of specimens and day-to-day workflow
- Discuss results with clients under the direction of the Lab Director
- Perform routine and as-needed maintenance
- Handle, accession, and process specimens and perform laboratory testing following established laboratory procedures
- Follow laboratory’s QA policies, including performing and documenting corrective actions, whenever test systems are not within established acceptable levels of performance
- Assist in writing validation documents and standard operating procedures and protocols
- Maintain proper competency and proficiency for all laboratory testing
- Perform appropriate quality procedures and maintenance/performance of equipment
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or test result reporting resolve by correcting the problem or notifying the appropriate supervisor
- Implement validated assays into the clinical laboratory for both high- and low-throughput testing scenarios
- Assist the Technical Supervisor in training laboratory staff in the performance of technical operating procedures
- Work closely with other laboratory staff to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems
- Participate in regulatory activities pertaining to COLA, CLIA, and CAP
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Education
- B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or Laboratory Science from an accredited institution
- 3+ years of experience working in a clinical laboratory setting directly performing testing
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working directly with LC-MS/MS instrumentation (AB Sciex and Shimadzu preferred)
- Experience using Laboratory Information Systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to organize, plan, and prioritize tasks within a high volume and varied work environment
- Experience leading projects and following through to completion
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
Don’t wait, apply today!
Job Type: Full Time
Schedule: Day shift, Monday to Friday
Pay: Starting at $50,000 per year, negotiable with experience
Click Here to Apply
Senior Toxicologist / Senior Study Director
Mt. Vernon, IN, US
Inotiv, Inc., is a pharmaceutical development company providing contract research services and monitoring instruments to emerging pharmaceutical companies and the world’s leading drug development companies and medical research organizations. The Company focuses on developing innovative services supporting its clients’ discovery and development objectives for improved decision-making and accelerated goal attainment. The Company’s products focus on increasing efficiency, improving data, and reducing the cost of taking new drugs to market.
Forensic Fluids is hiring! Forensic Fluids has three open positions located in Kalamazoo, MI. All positions are on-site (no remote work).
Certifying Scientist, Mid-shift
Forensic Fluids Laboratories exists to improve lives. This career opportunity supports this belief by providing accurate, quality, and timely processing of samples, and analysis, review and reporting of test results following LC/MS/MS confirmation standard operating procedures.
The person in this position will work from 2pm to 10pm, Monday-Friday, understands small business acumen and has previous work experience in a high throughput laboratory. You are able to both work as part of a cohesive team and be independently accountable for your work. You contribute and develop ideas for continuous process improvements. This position is ‘at the laboratory bench’ work.
Position Title: Lab Technician – Hourly Differentials + Relocation Assistance Offered!
Location: Horsham, PA
Description: NMS Labs has developed an extensive menu of more than 2,500 tests to support clients in forensic, criminalistic, public health and clinical fields. For over 50 years, our clients have relied on NMS Labs for unique testing solutions that demonstrate our company core values of Quality, Integrity, Service, Innovation and Engagement. As we work to increase the company’s positive impact on public health and safety, we are seeking talented professionals to join us for the journey! NMS is seeking regular, full-time forensic/clinical lab technicians to work in our Routine, Esoteric, Metals, Screening and Alcohol departments. The incumbents will assist in preparing and analyzing biological specimens for drugs or other compounds. This role is entry level with immense support as new employees become acclimated to the role and there is great room for growth! In this role, selected candidates can expect to learn more about different testing methods, instrumentation, etc.
-Interested individuals outside of the Horsham, PA vicinity will receive relocation assistance (if applicable)
-Hourly differentials are also offered!
For individuals with the desire to make a positive impact in our communities as well as expand their knowledge in the field of forensics, please follow the link below to apply!
Link to apply: https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=NMS_LABS&cws=38&rid=1485